Have you read a few motivational and inspirational books? What have you learnt from them?
Most of the motivational books tell you how positive you need to be towards one thing, in order to make it happen. Even if you want something, which seems next to impossible, it is bound to happen if you ask for it from the universe, every single day. There is nothing else that you need to do, except for believing in that thing.
This proves that just like seeing is believing, believing is seeing as well. Therefore, if you constantly believe in something, which is nothing but a dangerous myth, it can be a huge obstacle in your smooth life.
Following are the top five dangerous myths that a lot of people believe in:
- Blind faith in astrology: Believe it or not, there are a few people, who even bathe depending on what their Gurus or Astrologers say about the movements of planets in their birth chart’s houses! If you really believe in something like this, let me tell you, there’s one person, who can change everything and anything that your destiny has – you, yourself! If you really want to be successful in life, you can’t depend on astrological signs, stars, moons and planets! No doubt most of the people, belonging to the same sun sign, behave in the same manner, it doesn’t mean that you need to believe in it, completely!
- Evil spirits: Sometimes, despite liking a particular property, you just don’t buy it. Why? Because some people have faced terrible haunting experiences there; because it is under the possession of some evil spirits. I personally believe in spirits because when you meditate, you see yourself floating over your sleeping body (astral projection or out of body experiences); however, no spirit is evil because spirits are not given chances to disturb the living souls in any way, unless you really tease them to get on you. The next time you hear someone saying that a particular place is haunted, carry a bottle of champagne with you, take two glasses and visit the place!
- Psychics that act like Gods: Psychics are well-respected in the market and they should definitely be – they are blessed with powers that ordinary people don’t have. However, this does not mean that you need to have blind faith in all the things they say. Even if they say a few correct things about you, they are not Gods. Even the God himself can’t say what you are and what you should do! Thus, believe in half of the things a psychic says to you and don’t go deep into her magical crystal ball.
- Masturbation is a sinful activity: No matter how educated we get, there is a constant fear in our hearts when it comes to masturbation. Now tell me honestly, isn’t it way better than crimes like sexual abuse, pedophilic behavior in public and rape? Moreover, there are several meditators that believe in masturbating first, so that your mind is clear and you focus more within yourself. When you have no sexual feelings in your mind, there is nothing wrong with your concentration power; you can meditate in all the ways you want to! Never feel guilty after pleasing yourself without hurting anybody else; you can always have some ‘you-moments’ whenever you wish to!
- Fasting makes the Gods happy: This is another concept that’s quite in fashion when it comes to impressing the Gods! Most of the women, especially in countries like India, fast for several days to make their wishes come true. It is good to keep your body maintained, but there can be better ways to do so, right? Moreover, find me one person, who can concentrate on God, when he or she is empty-stomach? Also, the body that your soul has chosen is gifted and crafted by the God you believe in, how can you possibly torture something that is his blessing? Think about it and don’t starve yourself to make your wishes come true; instead, work hard and impress him in a better way!
Now that you know about the various myths and believes, I hope you understand that if you constantly believe in something, it is bound to happen, which means that if you constantly believe in a myth, it is bound to turn into a reality! Rather, invest your beliefs in positive things and you will attract positivity and success in life.